Monday, July 7, 2008

Making Your Home a Haven-July 7, 2008

I have been praying about how to make the most of my time during the day. This is a problem for me because I get easily distracted from the task at hand and that I get interrupted frequently as I am trying to get my home in order. I find myself doing 15 different projects during the day but completing none of them. Then I'm left at the end of the day wondering where all my time went. I first had to identify why. Well the truth is there are many reasons, but the main ones are that I just don't stay on task well and that I have a little baby who has various needs through out the day and I can't always make her time frames meet mine.

Then this morning God gave me a revelation. (For those of you who have been doing this for a while, this post will probably disappoint you, since you have more than likely already figured this out.) I don't have to do each chore at one time. I just have to do what I can, when I can. Kind of like the old saying, How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. And that is how, at least for now I have work towards making my home a haven, one little piece at a time.

For those of you who were wondering about this, yes it took me about four tries to get this posted, in between interruptions. But using my new method, I did finally get it done. I guess I'm like the tortoise in the old story; slow and steady wins the race.

To read other's stories, visit Biblical Womanhood's Making Your Home a Haven Monday.

3 comments:

~ Lindy ~ said...

Amen,sister! Glad the Lord is teaching you! This life is all about HIM, anyway! :)

Anonymous said...

What a great post!

Marsha said...

This is how I do it...but being consistent is a real challenge for me....I pick a chore, then I set the timer for 15 minutes and I focus on for 15 minutes on that chore. If I get interrupted, I just stop the timer and restart it when I come back. At the end of 15 minutes, I decide whether I want to go another 15 on that chore or if I should move on to another. Another thing I do that helps is I have downloaded Christian books into my MP-3 player to listen to while I work. Since I love to read but never seem to have time and feel guilty when I do sit down and read because there are so many other things that need to be done...this satisfies two needs at once...I get through some books I want to read and get my house work done at the same time! What a deal! Now, to be consistent!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails