Sunday, August 8, 2010

Our view of Children

There is a quote, the context of which I haven't been able to establish, but that I think sums up nicely how the world and even some in the church view abortion. It is from Frederica Mathewes-Green and says, "No woman wants an abortion as she wants an ice cream cone or a Porsche. She wants an abortion as an animal caught in a trap wants to gnaw off its own leg." Children are a trap and women who want to have abortions are just trying to free themselves from it.

God says in Psalm 127, "Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate."

Should we argue with the One who made us all? Aborted and not aborted alike?

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Amein, Stephanie! It saddens me the worldly view of children (born and unborn) as a burden, as a chore, a job that lasts 18 years and then from which you are free. It is so not the case--they are such a blessing. Like most lessons from the Most High, it is not easy or stress-free being a mother, but oh so worth it!

Shalom~

Amanda said...

This is true. It is a horrific act, termed as a 'procedure', which shocks me to my core. The women who have abortions are sadly deceived and robbed, and 'know what they do'.

I am so glad for His forgiveness and mercy to such a sinner as I. I was once deceived, then He brought Truth into my life.

I can't believe I stumbled upon this post tonight.

Amen, and bless you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails