Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Isn't it funny!

I know it's been said before but girls grow up very often thinking their mom's are crazy. I loved my mom and still do but there were times growing up that I thought she had walked away from all reason. She seemed so dogmatic about anything and everything that concerned my brother or I. Now that I'm a mom, I think she's the sanest person I know.

So, in honor of my mom, who does actually read this blog, here is a note about just one of those things that I have changed my tune on so far...meaning that I'm sure there will be many more revelations in the coming months and years.

My mom has always been the letter writing type, especially when it comes to homeschooling issues. While I have always wanted to homeschool my children someday, until my little one came, I wasn't the type to ask anyone to join me in that support. Now that my baby's future education is being threatened, I will stop at nothing to get the word out. I am willing to risk alienating friends even to make sure that I will have the freedom to choose the manner of my child's education.

Just goes to show how little you know until you walk in their shoes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails