Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Nesting

Before my daughter was born, we were house sitting so I missed out on all those cleaning and homemaking times. I think I have a double portion this time.I am now at 37 weeks and in the middle of nesting big time! Just today I rearranged my pantry and washed all the dishes that I have been neglecting. But in the past week, I have washed numerous loads of laundry, including all the clothes for our new baby, made two pair of Easter pantaloons and cut out the dresses, bought, gathered and organized all our birthing supplies and stocked our pantry and freezer with easy-to-put-together meal supplies.

As I was thinking about all the nesting I've done I wondered if any of you would like to share your nesting stories. I was pondering too if nesting is stronger with girls or boys and does it get stronger or weaker the more children you have? I know I'm not the only one who has done this and I would love to read stories from all of you!

Blessings!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aI don't think nesting necessarily goes away after three or four little ones. But you get so busy caring for the little ones who are already here, that your don't notice the urges so much, if that makes any sense.

Also mine were so big and I had c-sections early so the nesting didn't get to completely kick in with the last two.

I would like to say, though, that there will be things that you have forgotten even in that short year. Two of the big things I forgot from my first to my second were: (1) babies are born toothless.I know that sounds crazy to have to remember but my first thought upon seeing my second son was--"Gracious! He has no teeth!" No, I didn't say it out loud, but I almost did. And (2) newborns are up all night, several times a night.

Another thing that will absolutely shock you will be how much Bigger your little one-year-old will look as soon as the tiny one gets here. It's as though they double in size while you are in labor with the next child.

You're in my prayers, HisBeloved. Let's see, we called the first one Baby Beloved, what shall we call this one?

Taking It One Step At A Time said...

To tell you the truth, I wish I had that nesting instinct. I am in my 24th week with child #3, and have never had done any nesting. Part of me feels some regret because of it. I guess I still might have that desire with this one.
Congratulations and best wishes with your coming baby.

HisBeloved said...

I don't know what to call this one. Any suggestions? :D

Unknown said...

My son was born at 36 weeks and I had no nesting! Maybe I would have nested if he had waited a bit longer, or maybe not! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails