Monday, May 12, 2008

Reflections on Mother's Day

Yesterday was my first Mother's Day. I never before understood why mothers said that having their children with them was the best Mother's Day gift ever. Now I know why. To be able to spend the day with my husband and our baby girl, I was overcome with the realization of what a great blessing the Lord gave to us when He gave us our daughter. She is an amazing reminder to me of just how much God loves us and longs to hold us close. I understand in a much deeper way, how protective He feels towards us and that through all the things that happen in our lives, He is right there with us and allows them for His good purpose.

I know that my earthly love and care for my child is nothing compared to what God has done for all of us, but it helps me grow a little bit closer to Him and understand His wondrous works just a little more. These things are truly a beautiful glimpse of the Lord I serve is and how much He loves you and me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails