Monday, March 1, 2010

Welcome to Our Month with the Proverbs 31 Woman!

So today is the day! It's finally March and time to dig into the Word and learn what God has to say about being a Godly woman. I thought it might help to give you a basic schedule of what I plan to do, Lord willing!

I will post a devotional each day of the week, some longer, some shorter. Then on the weekends, when there won't be a new devotional, feel free to read the chapter again for yourself or take the time maybe you didn't have during the week, to catch up on what you may have missed. As wives and mothers, there are days when we don't have time to read more than one verse and meditate on that. Do what you can. There is no requirement in scripture to read a book a day, or even a chapter a day. If you can do those things, do it. If all you truly have time for is a verse, be faithful to read and study that verse. I'm not here to pressure anyone to take time away from their families. If you have time when the little ones are asleep or while your husband is at work, please come and read and be encouraged. If you can't, don't feel burdened or guilty; just do what God gives you for that day.

To start things off, I want to encourage you all to read Proverbs 31:10-31 for yourselves. See what God will show you just from reading it. Write down questions you have and pray for the answers as you go about your chores. If there is one verse that sticks out to you, commit it to memory, so you can dwell on it all day. Sing it to your children, share with your daughters what you are learning so they can become Godly women themselves and teach it to your sons so they will know what they are looking for in a future wife. Think of ways to apply what you have learned from those few verses in practical ways. The Bible is meant to be our textbook for life, and its advice is always practical. We should use it practically. If you have any questions as we are studying together, please feel free to leave a comment or email me at: hisbelovedblog@gmail.com. I will do my best to answer promptly.

As part of this month of learning what it means to be a woman of God and a woman of the home, I'd like to recommend a book that I have found to encourage Godly womanhood in our daughters. It's out of print but you can find it on Amazon, When I'm a Mommy. It's a paraphrase of Proverbs 31 for little girls. My mom bought it for me when I was very young and now I read it to my daughters. If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to let me know about those too!

God bless you all as we begin this journey. May He reveal Himself to us all each and everyday and may we begin to live what we learn!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails