Monday, November 3, 2014

Paul's Parenting Principles starts Tomorrow!

I don't know about you, but I am always searching for encouragement, principles and wisdom when it comes to raising my children. It's hard and often confusing work and I, for one, love to find principles in scripture that help guide me. I hope y'all find ample encouragement and food for thought in these posts and please feel free to share your thoughts and insights in the comments!

As I mentioned in my previous post, there are several times in 1st and 2nd Timothy that Paul refers to Timothy as his son in the faith. (I Tim 1:2, 18, II Tim 1:2)  I don't know if Paul had children of his own, but I wondered what can we learn as parents about teaching and training our children from his letters to Timothy? Are there things we should be encouraging in our children that we may not think about? What things are most important in a long term, eternal sense? How will a focus on the long term change what we do each day as parents? So often our focus is on the upkeep; feeding, clothing, schooling and such. All important things, for sure. But beyond basics, where is our focus? Sometimes, we are so overwhelmed with the everyday, thinking beyond is more that we can do, but if we start with a base of where we headed, it will inform even those days when three meals and a 35 diaper changes is all we can manage.

For the housekeeping part, I will be posting twice a week, starting tomorrow, for the next few weeks. I will try to keep them short, since your time are moms can be limited. :D

Blessings!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails